26 March 2014

MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre - Review and swatches

Hello!!
MAC's Soft Ochre paint pot is literally the best thing in the world! (perhaps a slight exaggeration there!) These are a cream eye shadow that are really highly pigmented. I use mine on a daily basis as a base under all my eye shadows, I opted for the shade Soft Ochre because its a skin tone color and would be a good shade to use under all eye shadows. 


This works extremely well as an eye shadow primer and keeps any eye shadow on all day with no fading or creasing which is pretty fantastic. With this being the same colour as my skin I can blend it all the way up to my brow bone and you cant tell its there.
MAC describes it a a yellow beige which I can honestly say is true, I do have yellow undertones to my skin which is probably the reason it matches my skin tone so much but, my mum uses this occasionally, she has pink undertones and it looks fine on her so no need to worry about that.
The shadow is packaged in a little glass tub with a plastic screw on lid, I have had no problem with the shadow drying up but I'm always making sure I put the lid back on tightly to ensure that it doesnt dry out.
It looks quite orange in this picture, the one of the jar above is more of a true colour


MAC Paint Pot is very pigmented it covers and hides all the veins and redness eyelids making the perfect base for eye shadow, I do find that if you use it on its own it will crease but a little bit of nude shadow will stop that and make it last all day, again it is fantastic for prolonging the wear of eye shadows. To apply this I just use my finger to pat it on my eyelid.
You get 5g of product for £15 which is pretty good going since you only need a small amount with each use.

Overall I am so impressed with this, I will certainly be buying this again when it runs out and I have my eye on a few other shade I want to get at some point.

Have you tried Mac Paint Pot? What do you think of them?

Teresa x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single comment and will try to reply as soon as possible :) There is no word verification when you comment here either!