08 January 2014

Mac's MAC Red Lipstick - Review and Swatches

Hello lovelies!!!

MAC Red is the perfect red for me, I have worn it all over the Christmas and new year period whenever we've gone out and its been great.
I know this is an awful picture, but its the only one I had and its zoomed in and the lipstick isn't fresh but you can get a general idea of what its like on :)

The formula of the lipstick is Satin which makes it not really shiny but not matte either which  is great because I'm not a fan of super matte lipstick as I have quite dry lips. Its described on the website as being a "bright bluish red" and I completely agree, the colour is a bright red which is exactly what I wanted this lipstick to be and the blue tones too it make my teeth look whiter.
MAC Red is incredibly pigmented with one swipe my lips are covered, but saying that I do prefer to apply it with a lip brush as I can get a neater edge ( I'm not very good at putting bold lipstick on!) and then I fill in the rest straight from the tube. This lipstick has really great lasting power, I find that it will last about 4-5 hours before I need to touch up the inner parts of my lip with no eating and if I eat it literally only wears away a little bit which is fantastic.
Overall I am in love with this lipstick and would recommend it to anyone who wants a bright blue toned red and I would buy it again when it finishes.

Teresa x

See a review of mac Syrup Lipstick here

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great red! I'd say the satin formula is a lot easier to pull off with a red than a totally matte shade would be! Yet another MAC lipstick I need to add to my wishlist! x

    Molly's Beauty Spot | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shade i think blue based reds are easier to wear, also I think satin finishes on red lipsticks are so much nicer than totally matte it gives your lips a bit of dimension! x
    Molly's Beauty Spot | A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a sucker for a red lipstick, this looks like a great strong red and love that you don't have to reapply for a while.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment and will try to reply as soon as possible :) There is no word verification when you comment here either!