27 November 2013

Illamasqua Light Foundation shade 140 - Review and Swatches

Hello lovelies!!!

A few months ago, in Illamasqua's secret sale, I brought one of their light foundations for £7.50 reduced from £27.

I wanted a lighter coverage foundation for days where my skin is better because I only had one medium to full coverage and found it a bit to much for daytime, I never had any intention of getting a foundation from Illamasqua, but when I saw it in the sale I guessed my shade and snapped one up.
The shade I brought was 140 which is described on the Illamasqua website " For light to medium skin with golden undertones" I have very yellow/golden undertones to my skin, which has quite and olive tinge to it (thanks dad for giving me wonderful coloured skin!)
I was a bit worried it would be to dark as in winter I go really pale but a really yucky yellow colour too, but its a perfect match. 
For £27 you get 30ml of Illamasquas light foundation, which is pretty standard for foundation bottles, the bottle itself if plastic being narrow at the top and gradually getting wider as it meets the lid which is a screw on lid. Although the foundation has no pump the little nozzle and the squeezy plastic of the bottle allows you to completely control how much of the product you want.

The coverage of the light foundation is very light (obviously Teresa!), but its not one of those light foundations that doesn't do anything, it really evens out my skin tone by evening out any redness and making my skin look really healthy, it applies and blends like a dream too! The finish of the Illamasqua light foundation is described a dewy on their website, however I think its more of a satin as I find it gives a slight dewy glow but not enough to be classed a dewy.
The wear time for this is pretty good too, I find it lasts for around 6-7 hours before I notice that its vanishing. The only thing I'm not that fond of is the smell, by no means is it a horrible smell, I just find it quite strong and can smell it quite a lot throughout the day which can get a bit annoying.
You can see from the two picture below how the foundation really evens out the skin on my wrist.

Overall I am really impressed with Illamasquas light foundation, I don't think I would pay £27 for it (purely because I'm tight with my money!) but I would definitely buy it again if it was to be in another sale.

Have you tried this foundation? would you try it?

Teresa x

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good, very light and not too cakey like foundation can be

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment and will try to reply as soon as possible :) There is no word verification when you comment here either!