09 October 2013

Illamasqua Volume Mascara in lewd

Hello Lovelies!!!

After using Benefits Bad gal blue mascara for about two years, I was gutted when I found out it had been discontinued and to add to my annoyance I couldn't find a mascara anywhere near the colour of Bad Gal Blue, everyone I found was electric blue and not a more muted navy colour.
Then whilst browsing Illamasqua's sale a few months ago I came across their volume mascara in the shade Lewd, I clicked on it for a closer look and when I realised it was blue, I added it to my basket quicker than you can say "volume mascara" .
When it arrived a few days later I was so pleased to see that it was the exact colour that Benefit Bad Gal blue was.


This mascara is such a beautiful colour, I love wearing blue mascaras because they suit my eyes so much, blue brings out brown eyes and can make the whites of your eyes look whiter, plus its a nice alternative to the usual black.
Illamasqua's Volume mascara does add a lot of volume to my lashes, it also add quite a bit of length too, the lasting power is really great as it lasts all day, the only thing about this mascara (which isn't that bad really) is that it does flake the smallest amount after you have had it on for a few hours, which is no problem because it brushes away really easily. I have noticed that all blue mascaras seem to flake I remember the Benefit Bad Gal blue flaking quite a lot more than Illamasqua's. Other than that I really enjoy wearing this mascara and every time I do I can guarantee that someone will say how lovely it looks.
I couldn't get a good picture of it on my lases so there is a swatch on my wrist further down to show you the true colour.



Overall I'm really impressed with this mascara and I'm super happy I finally managed to find a blue mascara that is the right shade of blue! Illamasqua, never stop making this mascara!!

You can buy this on the Illamasqua website for £15, but I was lucky enough to get it for £5 in the sale (see what else I brought here).

I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out and highly recommend it to everyone.

Would you wear a blue mascara?

Teresa x

3 comments:

  1. Wow you got such a bargain! I'm not really keen on blue mascaras but this sounds gorgeous.
    xx Ursula

    http://curvesandcrosses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I don't usually mascara, but i think if I did i'd probably try out blue mascara!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a pretty colour, I've never tried blue mascara but my mum's a huge fan of it x

    Silver Electrons

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment and will try to reply as soon as possible :) There is no word verification when you comment here either!