04 August 2013

Review - e.l.f Waterproof eyeliner pens

Hello lovelies!!!

In my latest e.l.f haul (a long time ago) I picked up two of the waterproof eye liner pens in Teal and Hunter Green.
I'm going to review each one individually in this post because they are both very different!

First up is my favourite of the two Hunter Green, I have wanted a green eye liner for absolutely ages! This one is the perfect colour I wanted. The first thing is that the elf waterproof eye liner pen is really pigmented and is opaque in on stroke, it also takes no effort to apply. The tip is a bit scratchy which is a shame, but what can you expect for £1.50?

Scratchiness aside this eye liner does have very good lasting power and lasts all day without smudging or fading which I find pretty impressive for the price. I haven't really tested the waterproof element so I cant say how well that works but other than the scratchy tip this is a wonderful green eye liner and I would definitely buy it again.
(it looks lovely with e.l.f's baked eye shadow in Enchanted review here


However, the teal waterproof eye liner is a different story completely.
The only good thing about the teal version of this eye liner is the colour, I wouldn't describe it as teal myself more of a deep blue, but either way the colour is lovely. Unlike its hunter green friend this eye liner is a BIG let down! It goes on easily and opaque but it smudges and fades throughout the day and when it comes to taking it off you get a blue face! it smears all over your eye and face which is a pain to get off because the more you rub it, the more it spreads! the picture below gives you and idea of what happens when you try to remove it.
This one I wouldnt buy again! its amazing how two colours of the same product can be so different.

 You can buy these here for £1.50

Have you tried these before?what do you think?

Teresa x

2 comments:

  1. ooooh I've never tried any Elf before! That green is lovely!
    My blog – Cosmetics, clothes and cute things (:
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue but it looks like a nightmare to remove!

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment and will try to reply as soon as possible :) There is no word verification when you comment here either!