21 August 2013

Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss in Lily-Rose - Review

Hello lovelies!!!

I was lucky enough to be able to buy a few things from Illamasqua's sale, one of those things was the lovely sheer lip gloss in the shade Lily-Rose. (haul is here)
First of all the name, how cute and lovely is the name Lily-Rose? 




  Why I brought a lip gloss I will never know, I hate lip glosses! but I'm so glad that I did!
Illamasqua Sheer Lip gloss in the shade Lily-Rose is described as a warm raspberry on their website which I have to disagree with slightly, its a very bright pink, it is warm but bright at the same time (if that's even possible) and stands out quite a bit, you can tell its bright just by looking at it on the applicator. Either way its a very beautiful colour and one that I really enjoy wearing.
The Sheer Lip gloss feels so smooth and moisturising on the lips and goes on really nicely and is sheer, but not as sheer as I was expecting it to be. At first all the bristles of the brush were suck together into to a hard point which made it very hard to apply evenly, but with use the bristles separated and it now apply's evenly and without a problem.

The lasting power is pretty incredible for a lip gloss, the glossy feel and look lasts around 2 hours without eating and drinking and after its worn off it leaves a lovely stain behind on the lips which lasts about 2-3 hours and doesn't feel drying at all.
The only thing that could be a bit off putting is the smell and taste, its a really sweet and can be a quite overpowering flavour, this doesn't bother me but if you are not one for strong scents and flavours then you might not like it.

It actually looks a lot bright in person than it does on the pictures.

Overall I really love Illamasquas sheer lip gloss and wear it quite often, if I cant find a good dupe when it finishes I would happily pay full price for it instead of the £5 I paid when it was in the sale.

You get 7ml in the tube for £14.50 and you can get it from the Illamasqua website.

Have you tried this before?

Teresa x

13 comments:

  1. I love this color! Illamasqua has some great products.

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very pretty, and I agree the name is so sweet! I also love the sleek packaging :)

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the colour looks gorgeous on you and it was such a bargain! I'm not really a lipgloss person but this one sounds like one I could get along with :)
    zara
    x

    lavieenrose-xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think anyone could get along with this lipgloss it's so lovely!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous colour - I love their lip products xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really good on you! Not sure if it would suit my skin though.
    Followed on bloglovin & added to circles, follow mine?:) closetsnaps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pretty colour, looks amazing on you

    www.anacelinelabod.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. This shade looks great on you! Good choice.

    Followed :)

    Xo, Michelle

    mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the shade!! cute blog :)

    Holly xxx

    hollydollybeautyblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh this is a gorgeous shade, it looks super lovely on you! I really wish I hadn't missed the Illamasqua sale :(

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. that lipgloss looks amazing, really suits you...i'm not a lipgloss person but that definitely looks fab

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment and will try to reply as soon as possible :) There is no word verification when you comment here either!