05 May 2013

Review: MUA gel eye liner

Hello lovelies!!!

How have you all been lately? I don't know about you but I have been really enjoying this lovely weather we have been having (finally!).

Anyway, I have wanted a gel liner for some time now and when I saw MUA's new gel liner half price in the sale I though it was the perfect opportunity to try one.
The liner retails at £3 and comes in 4 shades - Underground (Black the one I have), Fairground (a dark grey), On Move (brown) and Tribe (Bright blue).

The way its designed in my opinion is quite clever, there is a little pot at the bottom which is where the liner is and in the lid is the brush. (I have to be honest and say it took me ages to find the brush) just above the white mark on the lid is where the brush comes out and it clips back in to make a longer handle, which is ideal as you don't need to carry and extra brush with you for on the go. The packaging is a perfect size for popping in your bag, its small enough not to get in the way but big enough to not get lost.
The brush itself is small, flat and round at the top which is good as you can get good precision with it.

The liner is a sort of a creamy consistency and goes on fairly easy, to get a full pigmented colour I go over it twice.
 It last all day with only minimal fading on the wing, which is much better than some more expensive liners I have tried, it doesn't transfer to the top of my lid but the only thing I did notice is I kept getting little dry lumps appearing but I think that's because its dried on the brush because haven't yet washed it after using it everyday for almost a month (bad of me I know!)
Excuse the puffy eyes I have going on at the moment!

Overall I really like this eye liner, it has a nice consistency, the packaging is a good size and design and the brush it pretty decent too. You can buy this from Superdrug or MUA website for £3. I like it for a first gel liner but I want to try more higher end brands as well so probably wont repurchase this for the reason of wanting to try other brands.

Have you tried this before? what do you think of gel liners in general?

Teresa x

14 comments:

  1. This look really pigmented, and suits you so much! It's definitely a bargain for £3 x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually use a liquid liner, as I love the super fast dry you get. If you have been using it every day for a month, this might be a good thing to try out! Especially when you get a little brush along with it. Would be great to through in a handbag to add a little drama after work before heading out..

    bouncingbabs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing! i'll make sure to get one of these next time i'm in superdrug!

    please check out my blog - the-beauty-nut.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your review! I'm super jealous b/c you can't get it in my country!

    Cheers, Kelsey.

    http://kelstr0.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW it looks so pigmented, and fab on your eyes xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gel liner and it looks amazing on you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fact that gel liners don't smudge. It might be a little difficult to apply it but it's all worth it after a night of partying wearing polished makeup!

    Jess
    Armed With Style

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I've been looking everywhere for a decent liquid liner!
    Katy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this liner lloks so nice, I'm suck at liquid or gel liner but i'm going to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog! Sooo good! xxx
    Bea from- http://beatricenotyetlost.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, love how pigmented this is and the packaging is so handy. You've created a lovely winged liner look with it! Wish we had MUA here in Canada!

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all mua products especially the lipsticks, they are so cheap yet work so well!!

    www.indigogirl1.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment and will try to reply as soon as possible :) There is no word verification when you comment here either!